The sixth communiqué from Evade Chile 2019. What follows is the translation.
HOW TO (NOT) ORGANIZE IF WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS TO SUBVERT THE COMMODIFIED & PATRIARCAL LOGIC OF MONEY.
- Organization cannot depend on the internet.
- The participants should agree on: first, a periodicity (daily, weekly, monthly, annually, etc.); then an amount of time to gather (an hour, 6 hours, 3 days, etc.) and finally a physical place (house, park, neighborhood meeting, workplace, etc.)
- These above factors will depend on the urgency of the objectives and security of the context.
- During the gathering all necessary logistical work will be done so that the organization produces (discussions, actions, texts, videos, art or anti-art, etc.).
- Over time internal commissions can be created to expedite certain tasks.
- No position is above any other, the division of labor is not tied to any political or technical ideology; it must respond to the deepest imaginary possible.
- Rotation [of tasks] is advantageous & cyclical. Authority is paralyzing and tends towards obsolescence.
- All organizational activity occurs during the period of time which is physically shared. Organization lives in physical bodies filled with emotions and ideas.
- Communication via the internet or telephone cannot replace face-to-face communication.
- No longer shall it be asked “what can we give to the organization.”
- Success, or failure, will depend on the motivations, initiative, clarity, and above all, the capacity for the participants to communicate and mutually accept each other.
- This was the form of organizing communities that preceded us, not virtual, but real: organization on a human scale.
- The feeling of “atomization” and generalized separation that we live, the interminable list of teams and parties to belong to or defend, are inexorably tied to the real virtuality of value-money-capital.
- Organizing is not an end in itself.
- This is only the beginning.
Original Spanish-language .pdf: PSA_f
Original Spanish-language .pngs: